Preggo Adventures in Not Real Sports

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Preggo Adventures in Not Real Sports”.

This entry was posted in Baby Mayhem. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Preggo Adventures in Not Real Sports

1. GM says:

As always, totally entertaining and hilarious. Love it. Thanks so much.

2. Abigail says:

A – I love your blog
    B – This post sounds much like me this winter. I got in the pool and just felt like I was constantly choking on water. I highly recommend this plan – it’s like a “Couch to 5k” for swimming. The fact that other people could do it was the pressure I needed to tackle the swimming thing:

3. Christie says:

Aloha Grant, thank you!

4. Christie says:

Thank you so much, glad to hear there are people actually reading! I’ll check out the link – I really need a primer on technique, I don’t even know how to freestyle or breathe or kick or any of that biznass.

5. Heidi says:

This post hit home so much to me… so nice to see I’m not the only one! I have an atrocious swim technique and will not put my face in water, and I get the snootiest looks at the pool when I’d go to lap swim! I must admit, I entered a sprint triathlon for the sole intention of kicking all the swimmer’s butts on the cycling portion because I was so discouraged by how everyone acted at the pool as I paddled around with my head sticking up like a turtle.

Keep up the down to earth, honest, and hilarious blog posts!

6. Lance Lau says:

If it makes you feel any better, I can’t swim freestyle to save my life, but dammit, I’m darn fast at breaststroke. Swimming with a preggo handicap can’t possibly be any fun; go back to the pool after you’ve delivered and be gentle on yourself. It’s a great exercise for your core.

7. Stacy M. says:

Hey Christie are you still in Santa Rosa? If so check out the Adult Beginner classes here: https://econnect.ci.santa-rosa.ca.us/Activities/ActivitiesDetails.asp?ProcessWait=N&aid=46

Another idea is the Red Cross; that’s where I learned.. good luck! ;-)

8. Jenn says:

hahaha Christie! I have no doubt that if you wanted to be a kick ass swimmer you could. Even moving around in the water, with its’ resistance is so good for you. It may not be the high intensity workout like cycling, but it is good for your muscles and joints… and sweating is never a problem. :) If I lived closer I’d go with you and support you, but you are badass, so I know you’ll figure it out.

Good luck!
    BTW, did I see a post that you found someone to coach you?

9. Steve Harrison says:

Your blog is awesome! Good luck with getting Baby Mayhem turned! It will probably happen at the last minute…somehow they generally figure out how to get out of the exit.

10. Christie says:

Heidi, Lance, Stacy, Jenn and Steve – thank you so much for the comments! LOVE that you enjoy the blog and leave me notes, it really makes my day!

Found a great coach and had a swim lesson yesterday – I know how to swim now. Look out, world!

11. Jennifer says:

I miss these updates! As someone who is not 37 and pregnant (with no freaking idea about babies at all) I appreciate your posts even more now. I’ve seen the Instagram pics and Babymayhem looks great!! Hope for me yet. :)

12. Jennifer says:

I miss these updates! As someone who is now 37 and pregnant (with no freaking idea about babies at all) I appreciate your posts even more now. I’ve seen the Instagram pics and Babymayhem looks great!! Hope for me yet. :)

13. Jennifer says:

That should say “now 37 and pregnant” !